As an open institution maintaining strong ties to the community, our goal is to engage students, faculty, and staff to build a collaborative learning environment.
- We recognize, value and promote the uniqueness and diversity of our students, both as individuals and as persons with varying educational goals and potentials.
- We believe our students learn through self-exploration, rigorous academics, and experiential discovery.
- We value and present a challenging and supportive learning environment which enhance students’ abilities to think critically, to communicate effectively, and to demonstrate competencies and skills needed to contribute productively to their communities and beyond.
- We value educating our students beyond our classroom walls and into the community at large.
- We believe in fostering relationships between students and employers to promote lifelong professional interactions.
- We value and nurture curiosity, inquiry, critical thinking, and creativity within the safe but challenging confines of a rigorous academic environment that appreciates multiple perspectives.
- We model, advocate and expect ethical and moral behaviors which allow for open and constructive conversations.