Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the LRCC - Laconia school code?
- What are the steps for applying for Financial Aid at LRCC - Laconia?
- Do I have to wait until I am accepted into a program to submit the financial aid paperwork?
- What is the Pell Grant?
- What is an independent student?
- Are there other grants or scholarships available?
- I have financial aid but it didn't show up on my bill; can you help me?
- Can you tell me when my disbursement date is?
- Can you tell me how much my refund will be?
- Can you tell me when I can pick up my refund?
- Can I access my financial aid information on-line?
- When do I have to begin repaying my student loan?
Refer to "Process to Apply for Financial Aid" page.
No. Once you have applied to Admissions for the current aid
year you should submit the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. If requested
by the FA Office you may download and complete the
Verification Worksheet (PDF or Printed Copy) with all supporting
This is the Federal government's basic grant program. Eligibility
is determined from the information the student provides on the
You are an independent student when you reach the age of 24,
have become a Veteran of the US Armed Forces, are married,
have a child that you support, have a Bachelor's Degree or were
a ward of the court.
Refer to the "Additional Grant, Loan and Scholarship information"
page, our electronic bulletin board in the cafeteria or the tower
of scholarship information located in our Library. We encourage
students to do research on their own as well.
The Federal Government mandates that funds for first-time
borrowers be held for 30 days. Each semester, grants and loans
will begin to disburse approximately 15 days into the semester
and each week thereafter through the end of the semester.
Your individual loan disbursement schedule is listed on the
Disclosure Statement you receive form your lender.
We do not know what your refund will be. You can subtract your
financial aid from your bill to estimate your refund if you are
eligible for a refund. Or you may track your account activity and
transactions via the Student Information System link which is
located on the left side in the navigation bar on the Financial Aid
Any and all refunds will be mailed directly to the student's
address of record. You may track your account activity
and transactions via the Student Information System link
which is located on the left side in the navigation bar on
the Financial Aid web pages.
Yes, you can, through the Student Information System link which
is located on the left side in the navigation bar on the Financial
Aid web pages.
Stafford loan repayment begins 6 months after you withdraw or graduate from the College, or drop below 6 credits. Perkins loan repayment begins 9 months after you withdraw or graduate from the College, or drop below 6 credits.