Process to Apply
- File the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on line at www.fafsa.gov. Use 007555 for Laconia school code. Make note of the date FAFSA was filed.
- You should receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) via email approximately 1 week after the date that the FAFSA was filed. If you do not receive your SAR call 1-800-433-3243. This report is for your records only; Lakes Region Community College will receive a copy electronically.
- Have you received a missing document letter from the FA office? If so, please submit the required documents/information as soon as possible. Your file cannot be reviewed without all necessary documentation.
- After you have been admitted to an eligible program, the Financial Aid Office will send you an Award Letter, listing the Financial Aid for which you qualify.
- Students accepting a Direct loan must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling.
Federal Direct Loans
LRCC is participating in the Federal Direct Loan Program.
This means that students will receive subsidized and/or unsubsidized Direct Loans from the Department of Education rather than from private lenders.
- Complete an electronic Master Promissory Note and
- Complete Entrance Counseling
Go to: www.StudentLoans.gov - You will need your FAFSA ID.
Additional Notes of Interest:
- You should receive a "disclosure statement" from the Department of Education, informing you of the estimated disbursement dates of your loan.
- Refunds are usually not available until approximately 45 days into the semester.
- Be prepared to purchase your books upon the start of your classes. Budget your summer earnings accordingly. Financial Aid will NOT be processed in time for you to utilize those funds.